Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 101

As I enjoy my post cheer saturation, I realize that most things are going to work themselves out eventually. Somethings are just out of my control, I am going to sit back and enjoy the road, as bumpy as it gets. I will try my hardest to be the change I wish to see.
Our Christmas was full of family. It was wonderful. We made the rounds, trying to visit all of our family here in town since we were so far away from the rest of them.
We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner with the Hurlberts and played Wii, games, and caught up on all the years that have somehow pulled us apart. My Dad was the highlight of the night. We got him bowling and golfing on the Wii, I haven't seen anything that funny in awhile.
Christmas morning was a treat. It was the first Christmas that we have had our own house. It was glorious. John got up before me and set out his wrapped presents under our lit tree (it is a house plant...), put my new slippers at the end of the bed and got the coffee going. PERFECT!
We then went to Brenda and Neal's to have breakfast with them, Bryan and my grandparents.Grandma brought her dogs... We taught them a new card game...
John made a tasty breakfast of biscuits and gravy.

All those years in Mexico and Grandpa having a steady diet of pineapple, he was in charge of cutting.
Look at all the men in the kitchen!

Mom and dad have a CRAZY cat named Billy. It climbs on everything!
From breakfast, John and I ducked out and came home for a few hours. We curled up letting breakfast digest, in order to have lunch at Steve and Charlene's. We spent the afternoon with my cousins, monster trucks, lasagna, dogs and some good laughter.

We rounded out the big day with people trickling in to our house. Our long lost friend Steve came over, my bro, and the Dorrs.
What a day! Thanks to everyone for making it wonderful.





No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....